So today was pretty wonderful.
1) Joe told me to "have a good day a woooorwk"
2) I looked good (flowy flowered tank with black pencil skirt. niiiiice)
3) 99 cent iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts
4) Lauren brought in DELICIOUS brownie treats
5) I was hugged by my equally not huggy boss
6) left at noon!
7) had lunch with my favorite co-workers and got the best going away cards
8) said good-bye to Kaplan. for.ev.er.
9) Scalped $10 Cubs tix with Amalia!
10) Cubs won!
11) sipped on some Prosecco and strawberries
It feels so weird and liberating to be unemployed. Granted I have only missed a potential of 4 work hours since I didn't stay until the end of the day, it is still a strange feeling nonetheless. Geez I feel like this day has been in the works for so long.. pretty much ever since day one in Jan 2008. I am no longer a Kaplan employee. What??? So. freaking. bizzare. My mind is actually blown. Not that it was an awful company- because it wasn't. The environment was supportive, the pay was fine, and some of my co-workers became actual friends who I will sincerely miss. It's just that I can only spend so much of my life being a transcript evaluator, and two years seemed to be the max. period. Wow, this is seriously too weird and probably won't even really hit me until I am living in Austin jobless... hello.
No comments:
Post a Comment